Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and the rest of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are known for their stunning landscapes, architecture, and vibrant cultures.
For photographers, it’s a dream come true to capture these beautiful moments and freeze them in time through their lenses. However, obtaining a photography permit in the UAE is essential to avoid any legal troubles.
Overview of Photography Permits in the UAE:
The UAE government regulates photography permits to maintain the privacy and safety of individuals and property. Photography without a permit is illegal in the UAE, and if caught, the photographer could face fines, jail time, and deportation.
A photography permit grants permission to capture images for commercial or recreational purposes, depending on the type of permit.
Types of Photography Permits:
There are two types of photography permits in the UAE:
1. Commercial Photography Permits: This type of permit is necessary for professional photographers who capture images for commercial purposes, such as advertising, films, TV shows, and magazines.
2. Recreational Photography Permits: This type of permit is required for personal or non-commercial photography, including wedding photoshoots, vacation photos, and other private photography sessions.
Requirements for Obtaining a Photography Permit:
To obtain a photography permit in the UAE, you must submit specific documents and pay a fee. The documents you need to submit can include:
- Passport copy
- Visa copy (for non-residents)
- Emirates ID copy (for residents)
- Trade license copy (for commercial permits)
- No-objection letter from the property owner (for shooting on private property)
- No-objection letter from the government entity (for shooting in public places)
- Detailed shoot plan
Next comes the fees. The cost of a photography permit in Dubai varies depending on the type of permit and the location of the shoot.
How to Apply for a Photography Permit through UAEFilmPermit?
UAEFilmPermit is here to get all your film permit needs covered. We simplify the process of obtaining a shooting permit in the UAE.
Here are the steps to apply for a photography permit through us:
- Submit your application on our website.
- Fill in the details of your photography project, including the shoot location, date, and type of permit required.
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the permit fee.
- Wait for the permit approval, which can take up to three working days.
- Once approved, print the permit and carry it with you during the shoot.
Source : uaefilmpermit.com/blog/a-guide-to-applying-for-photography-permits-in-the-uae