Dofollow guest posting can be a valuable strategy for improving your website’s visibility, driving organic traffic, and enhancing your overall SEO efforts. To determine the effectiveness of your dofollow guest posting campaigns, it’s essential to track relevant metrics and analyze the impact on your website’s organic traffic. In this article, we will explore the key metrics to track and strategies for analyzing the success of dofollow guest posting.
Metrics to Track for Measuring Success:
- Referral Traffic: Monitor the referral traffic coming from the websites where you have guest posts. Analyze the number of visitors referred from each guest post and assess the quality of the traffic in terms of engagement, bounce rate, and conversions.
- Backlinks: Keep track of the number of high-quality backlinks generated from your guest posts. Measure the quantity and quality of these backlinks, including the domain authority and relevance of the linking sites. The more authoritative and relevant the backlinks, the more positive impact they can have on your website’s SEO.
- Social Shares: Track the number of social media shares and engagement metrics (likes, comments, retweets, etc.) for your guest posts. This indicates the level of interest and engagement your content has generated among the audience, extending the reach and potential impact of your guest posts.
- Keyword Rankings: Monitor the rankings of your target keywords in search engine results. Analyze how your guest posts have contributed to improving your keyword rankings and organic visibility. An increase in keyword rankings indicates a positive impact on your SEO efforts.
- Brand Mentions: Keep an eye on brand mentions across various platforms, including social media, forums, and blogs. Guest posts can help increase brand awareness and generate positive mentions, which contribute to building your brand reputation and credibility.
- Engagement Metrics: Analyze the engagement metrics on your website, such as time on page, bounce rate, and conversion rate, for the pages linked from your guest posts. This helps assess the quality of the traffic driven by your guest posts and determine if it leads to meaningful engagement and conversions.
Also Read: Crafting Compelling Guest Posts
Analyzing the Impact on Organic Traffic:
To analyze the impact of guest posting on your website’s organic traffic, consider the following strategies:
- Google Analytics: Utilize Google Analytics to track the overall organic traffic to your website and segment it to identify traffic specifically driven by your guest posts. Compare the organic traffic before and after guest posting to assess the impact.
- URL Tracking: Use UTM parameters or unique tracking URLs in your guest post links to differentiate the traffic specifically coming from those sources. This enables you to accurately measure the direct impact of each guest post on your organic traffic.
- Conversion Tracking: Implement conversion tracking on your website to measure the number of conversions generated from the traffic driven by your guest posts. This helps assess the effectiveness of guest posts in driving valuable actions on your website.
- Engagement Analysis: Analyze the behavior of the organic traffic from your guest posts, including time on page, pages per session, and bounce rate. Identify patterns and trends to determine if the traffic from guest posts is engaging with your content and exploring your website further.
- Goal Completion: Set up goals in Google Analytics to track specific actions you want visitors to take on your website, such as form submissions, newsletter sign-ups, or purchases. Measure the completion of these goals for the traffic generated by your guest posts to gauge their effectiveness in driving conversions.
By tracking these metrics and analyzing the impact on your organic traffic, you can assess the success of your dofollow guest posting efforts and make informed decisions to optimize your future guest posting strategies.
In conclusion, measuring the success of dofollow guest posting requires tracking relevant metrics such as referral traffic, backlinks, social shares, keyword rankings, brand mentions, and engagement metrics. Additionally, analyzing the impact on your website’s organic traffic through tools like Google Analytics, URL tracking, conversion tracking, engagement analysis, and goal completion helps determine the effectiveness of your guest posting campaigns